At Beckfoot Allerton Primary School and Nursery we recognise that there is a very clear relationship between the regularity with which pupils attend school and their academic achievement.
Pupils with good attendance records benefit from:
- Continuity of learning in lessons.
- Improved performance in examinations.
- Support and guidance with reading, writing and mathematics.
- Maintaining friendships.
- Developing good habits for adult life.
We therefore ask for your support to keep absenteeism to a minimum, so that we can prepare your son/daughter effectively for their future. ensure that all medical appointments are made after school or in the school holidays where possible.
- If your child is absent from school you must telephone the school office on (01274 541587) on the first day of absence before 9.00 am and provide a reason.
- If we receive no confirmation of the reason you will receive a phone call home from our Parental Involvement Worker, Miss Throup.
- If your child is absent for more than 3 days then you will receive a phone call home from the Parental Involvement Worker or a home visit to see if any support is required.
- If your child's attendance drops below 94% it will be monitored.
- If your child's attendance drops below 90% then your child will be put on the persistent absentee list.
- A home visit by the Safeguarding and Welfare Team can be conducted at any point during a child's absence.
Actions that could be taken:
Home visit letters
- Letter 1 (2 weeks to improve)
- Letter 2 (2 weeks to improve)
- Letter 3 ( parents/carers will be invited in to a meeting to discuss their child's attendance and a formal contract will be drawn up)
If there are still no improvements your case could be passed on to the authorities for possible prosecution in either the Family or Magistrates court.
Gates open at 8.40am and close at 8.52am. If your child arrives after registration they will receive a late mark.
Our attendance is improving – thank you! However, we do need to tighten our procedures on punctuality, we monitor punctuality very closely as a small number of children continue to be late for school which disrupts lessons and means they miss vital learning.
Holidays in Term Time
No holidays will be authorised for any pupils (unless in exceptional circumstances) as the lessons they miss will have a detrimental effect on their progress and academic success.
We recognise that financial pressures and work commitments sometimes make it difficult to take holidays outside of school time. However you cannot avoid the fact that your children will only have one chance to receive and outstanding education and in order for the staff at Beckfoot Allerton Primary School & Nursery to do their very best for your child we ask that you support us in this matter.
If you choose to take an unauthorised leave of absence then you may be at risk of a £60 per child per parent fine from Bradford City Council.