Welcome to Beckfoot Allerton from Headteacher Michelle Blanchard
Welcome to Beckfoot Allerton Primary School & Nursery and thank you for taking an interest in our school.
We are a diverse and cohesive two-form primary school nestled in the heart of Allerton.
We have a school sentence which is what we want to be remembered for: “Beckfoot Allerton ensured that all pupils gained powerful knowledge, behaved brilliantly and became confident community contributors”
To help us achieve this, both pupils and staff live and breathe three very important values:
- Hard work: We work hard and try our best every single day. We persevere when things get difficult. There are no excuses and no shortcuts.
- Trust: We do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do. We act with integrity. We do what we say we’ll do. We act as role models in our school and around our community.
- Responsibility: We understand that we must be proactive positive influencers and take responsibility for our choice of actions.
We have 10 distinctive features that make us Beckfoot Allerton:
- Our pupils: they come first - their lives, their families, their futures, their success.
- Highest expectations: of all members of the community - of conduct, of mindset and of academic rigour. This keeps aspirations high and opens mindsets.
- No excuses: our staff team recognises the context of the school but will do whatever it takes to ensure success for all pupils.
- A well-planned curriculum: knowledge will be expertly taught over a sequence of lessons, designed to be remembered to provide a firm foundation for a successful secondary school career. We create a love of learning, making independent, gritty learners.
- High quality teaching for all: every day our teachers will deliver inclusive lessons and provide feedback that enables all pupils to make rapid progress and achieve well.
- Attachment aware: we acknowledge the mental health crisis in our country and understand that all children will need support at some point in their lives. Our staff are highly trained in identifying and supporting social, emotional and mental health needs.
- Pastoral team: giving children the support at the right time by trained professionals so that children can lead happy lives and grow in resilience.
- Power to lead: both pupils and staff will have the autonomy to lead to ensure Beckfoot Allerton is at the cutting edge of educational research.
- Inspirational staff: we value and invest in our staff, through high quality CPD, coaching and feedback so they enjoy working at Beckfoot Allerton and in turn can create remarkable learners.
- Community: We are a primary school nestled in the heart of Allerton. We are proud to serve our diverse, yet cohesive community and see it as our moral duty to support, contribute to and sustain positives outcomes for all.
I hope you have enjoyed finding out a little more about our wonderful school. Do not hesitate to get in touch if you require any further information.
Ms M Blanchard