SEN Overview and useful information
At Beckfoot Allerton Primary and Nursery School we believe that no child should be left behind. We work together with our whole school community and their families to ensure that each and every child achieves his or her full potential. We recognise that each child is unique and brings an individual set of abilities to school. We foster a whole school environment where these diversities which make each of us special and unique are celebrated, valued and nurtured.
If your child is identified as needing additional help and support at school to reach their full potential, you will be contacted by a member of the school staff. This will be to discuss their individual needs and the appropriate support to ensure that they continue to be successful in their holistic development.
Some children require extra help, and our aim is to make sure that the more help they need, the more help they get. This is called a ‘graduated approach’. Support comes in a variety of different forms within school. The support that is most appropriate to your child in order to meet their individual needs will be discussed with you on a regular basis.
If difficulties persist or are particularly complex, the school’s SEN co-ordinator Katie Little, external agencies and specialists are increasingly involved in supporting the child and their family. This all helps to ensure that that the greater the difficulty, the more support a child will have.
For more information and to see the full school offer for SEN please click BA SEND Report July 2023
Details of the Local Authority’s own Local Offer can be found at http://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/thelocaloffer.aspx
The Special Educational Needs (SEN) Co-ordinator at Beckfoot Allerton Primary and Nursery School is Katie Little. She is responsible for the day-to-day management of SEN provision in school. She acts as the link between external agencies and school, and ensures that provision is made to enable an appropriate response to be made to address children’s needs, allocate support and promote staff training and development.
As always, if you have any concerns about your child, please see the class teacher in the first instance.
Beckfoot Allerton Primary and Nursery School takes account of its responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010 and the SEND Code of Practice 2014. We do not treat disabled pupils less favourably than others, and we will always take reasonable steps to avoid putting disabled pupils at a substantial disadvantage. There is an Accessibility Plan to increase the ability of the school to cater for the needs of the disabled pupils. Please click here to view the Accessibility Plan.
Parents/carers are invited to inform school of any disability that could prevent or impair their child’s full participation in school life. If we are made aware of any problems, we always try to make alternative arrangements to overcome any difficulties.
Our SENCo is Katie Little and can be contacted on 01274 541587 or emailed on email@example.com
SEN parent drop-in sessions are on Thursdays 8:30-9:30am (no appointment required)
Bradford Local Offer or a printed copy can be obtained from
Bradford Families Information Services by telephoning 01274 437503.
If you would like further help and support please use the following links to useful agencies.
Contact details of relevant support services:
- Information about Short Breaks https://www.bradford.gov.uk/children-young-people-and-families/does-your-child-have-special-educational-needs-or-disabilities/specialist-inclusion-project/
- Information about Personal Budgets https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/service/763-personal-budgets-overview
- Information for Families – things to do Information for Families – things to do https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/services/things-to-do
- Preparing for Adulthood: visual pathway https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/services/preparing-for-adulthooddeveloping-independence-employment-and-training
- Bradford Local Offer https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/
- Parents’ Forum for Bradford and Airedale https://pfba.org.uk/
- Social Care https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/services/social-care
- Health https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/services/health
- Early Years https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/services/social-care