SEND Overview and useful information
Here at Beckfoot Allerton Primary School and Nursery, we welcome, value and respect all children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). Our aim is to provide a happy and safe environment where all children can thrive and achieve aspirational targets set for them. We deliver a broad, creative and exciting curriculum where every child has an opportunity to succeed.
All staff work to ensure the inclusion of all pupils by:
• Setting aspirational targets for all pupils.
• Monitoring of the progress of all pupils.
• Identifying the needs of pupils with SEND as early as possible.
• Making appropriate provision for all pupils every day through classroom teaching.
• Ensuring that appropriate additional support is provided in the form of strategies, resources and/or specific interventions.
• Working effectively with partner agencies (e.g. Local Authority SEND Support Service, physiotherapists, paediatricians and schools) to put in place strategies and programmes to meet specific learning needs.
• Employing a core team of highly skilled staff.
• Employing a team of learning mentors, committed to providing well-being support to pupils and their families.
Rachael Edwards is the school SENCO and can be contacted on 01274 541587 or on email@example.comSend Report October 2019v2 (1).docx Governors
If you would like further help and support please use the following links to useful agencies.
Contact details of relevant support services:
- Information about Short Breaks https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/Content.aspx?mid=202
- Information about Personal Budgets https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/Content.aspx?mid=231
- Information for Families – things to do Information for Families – things to do https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/Services/Early%20Years/default.aspx
- Information about Preparing for Adulthood https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/Services/preparing%20for%20adulthood/?mid=8
- Preparing for Adulthood: visual pathway https://www.preparingforadulthood.org.uk/about-us/what-we-do.htm
- Bradford range guidance https://bso.bradford.gov.uk/Schools/CMSPage.aspx?mid=3315
- SENDIASS (LA contracted parent mediation service) https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/Services/Details.aspx?mid=127
- Bradford Local Offer https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/
- Parents’ Forum for Bradford and Airedale http://www.pfba2.org.uk/
- Social Care https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/Services/Social%20Care/default.aspx
- Health https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/Services/Health/default.aspx
- Early Years https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/Services/Early%20Years/default.aspx