Our goal is to have a behaviour policy that prevents poor behaviour before it begins. There are consequences for unacceptable behaviour, but we believe that if we have positive relationships with children, a stimulating learning environment, a high quality curriculum and set high expectations then there will be fewer behavioural incidents. Our policy sets out approaches that will lead to good or better behaviour if they are followed daily and consistently. If a child hurts another using words or actions they are moved immediately to red and receive a suitable consequence.
At Beckfoot Allerton Primary & Nursery School we are determined to provide our pupils with a safe, secure and happy environment in which to learn. We expect high standards of behaviour and do our best to encourage our pupils to develop into responsible and valued members of the community.
What is bullying?
- deliberately hurtful behaviour,
- repeated often over a period of time,
- difficult for those being bullied to defend themselves against.
It usually takes one of four forms:
- Physical e.g. hitting, fighting, taking belongings
- Verbal e.g. name-calling, insulting remarks, racist comments
- Indirect e.g. rumour-mongering, excluding someone from social groups
- Cyber-bullying e.g. texting, use of websites etc
This type of behaviour is contrary to the ethos of our school. In partnership with parents, we aim to raise awareness and prevent such behaviour.